How to setup a Pay Pal account
PayPal is a very popular online payment system. It allows you to link your credit and debit cards so that you don't have to re-enter information every time you shop online. You can also link your bank account to easily send and receive money.
Creating a PayPal account is free, and verification only takes a few minutes.
How to Create an Account
- Go to www.paypal.com
- Click the "Sign Up" button at the top of the page in the right hand corner.
- On the next screen, click "Personal account" so you can pay other people online.
- On the next screen enter your email address and password. Your password should include a mix of letters and numbers which would be hard for anybody to guess - you need this to . . protect your financial information.
- On the next screen, fill out the form with your personal information. You'll need to enter your legal name, address, and phone number. All of this information is required in order to create your account.
- If you want to use your credit card to pay others via PayPal, enter your credit or debit card number. You will need to do this if you want to verify your PayPal account. You'll need to enter the card number, expiration date, and security code. The name on the card must match the legal name you entered when creating your account.
- Click on "I'll link my bank later" to skip it for now. You'll be prompted to confirm that you want to skip the process.
- If you want to apply for PayPal credit do so now, otherwise click "No thanks".
How to Verify Your Account
- Confirm your email address -- .You should have received an email when you created your account. Click the "Yes, this is my email" button in the email message to confirm your email address.
If you can't find the message, check your Spam folder or "Purchases" label in Gmail. You can have PayPal send another message from your account Summary page. Click "Confirm Email"
All done. Now you can use your PayPal account.